I decided to begin this tradition with our family.
Emmy begins preschool tomorrow and I have to admit that we're a bundle of nerves over here.
Not so much Emmy but I'm feeling a bit of anxiety.
Wondering if she'll talk too much.
Wondering if she'll be bored and in turn start acting out.
Wondering if she'll make new friends.
Wondering if she'll be nice to everyone and if they'll be nice to her.
I've been "wondering" a lot the last few weeks and now the time has come to find out what will happen.
So to celebrate, we had a feast tonight.
Our theme was {To learn by Listening}
We talked about who we need to listen to, how listening helps us learn and how listening to each other as a family can help us grow stronger.
{Our Menu}
Sparkling Pink Lemonade
Pub Chicken
Mashed Potatoes
Green Peas
Green Salad
Cantaloupe from Emmy's cousin's garden
Mommy's special chocolate cake with strawberry filling and whipped cream frosting

To end the evening Daddy gave Emmy a father's blessing and we read The Kissing Hand.
Can't wait for tomorrow!





4 comments:
What a wonderful tradition to start. Emma will love being in preschool and I'm sure she'll thrive. Oh, and she looks darling in her back-to-school clothes!
That's such a cool idea! Mmm..it made me hungry reading about it! I can't believe Emma is so big. Hope you guys are doing well :)
You are adorable. Emmy is adorable. What a fabulous memory she will forever have. Good luck with the first week or two...cause I'm sure after that it will be smooth sailing. :)
Your little lady is getting so big. She looks all grown up in her school clothes. I know exactly what you mean about the school jitters. I get them way worse than my children:).
Post a Comment